Flash News

Auto-synced blockchain, market and macro-finance updates

Auto
Today · 2026-08-19 · Wed

Trump says it's still possible to reach an agreement with Iran

ON 14 JULY, AT LOCAL TIME, ON 13 JULY, UNITED STATES PRESIDENT TRUMP STATED TO THE MEDIA IN THE WHITE HOUSE THAT HE STILL BELIEVED THAT THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY OF AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND IRAN, “IRAN WANTS AN AGREEMENT AND HAS RE-ENGAGED WITH THE UNITED STATES”. AT THE SAME TIME, TRUMP STATED THAT THE UNITED STATES FORCES WOULD CONTINUE TO LAUNCH A HEAVY STRIKE AGAINST IRAN, SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCING IRAN'S ABILITY TO INFLUENCE PASSAGE THROUGH THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ, WHILE RESTORING “THE BLOCKADE AGAINST IRAN ALONE” AND THAT ANY VESSEL OPERATING WITH IRAN WOULD BE UNABLE TO PASS AND OTHER STATES AND VESSELS WOULD REMAIN IN REGULAR TRANSIT. (CCTV INTERNATIONAL TIMES)

View Details

Trump rejected the timetable for the resumption of operations with Iraq as a “military conflict”

ON 14 JULY, ACCORDING TO CNN, THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, TRUMP, ON MONDAY, DESCRIBED THE RESUMPTION OF UNITED STATES BOMBING OPERATIONS AGAINST IRAN AS A “MILITARY CONFLICT”, DENYING THAT IT MARKED A NEW, LONG-TERM PHASE IN THE FIGHTING, BUT THAT HIS REFUSAL INDICATED HOW LONG THE CONFLICT WOULD LAST. TRUMP SAID: “WE MUST DO WHAT WE DO NOW. WE HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKENED THEIR CAPABILITIES, BUT THEY WILL RESIST FOR SOME TIME.” DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE CURRENT FIGHTING IS WELL BEYOND THE FOUR TO SIX-WEEK OPERATIONAL TIMETABLE ORIGINALLY SET BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, TRUMP HAS DILUTED THE POTENTIALLY INDEFINITE NATURE OF THE CONFLICT. “WE FOUGHT IN VIETNAM FOR 19 YEARS. WE'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOUR MONTHS, SO I THINK WE'VE DONE A LOT OF WORK." TRUMP DID NOT PROVIDE DETAILS OF HOW HE PLANNED TO FINALLY END THE WAR, BUT MERELY INSISTED THAT HE COULD FINALLY NEGOTIATE AN AGREEMENT WITH IRAN. HOWEVER, HE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THERE WAS LITTLE CHANCE OF AGREEMENT IN THE SHORT TERM。

View Details

Rubio once called the Holmuze Channel “unreal”

ON 14 JULY, ACCORDING TO CNN, TRUMP HAD INDICATED THAT THE UNITED STATES MIGHT IMPOSE A 20 PER CENT SAFETY TOLL ON SHIPS PASSING THROUGH THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ. BUT JUST LAST MONTH, UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF STATE RUBIO CLAIMED THAT IT WAS “UNWORKABLE” TO CHARGE FEES FOR THIS CRITICAL ROUTE. DURING A VISIT TO THE THREE GULF STATES LATE IN JUNE, RUBIO REPEATEDLY STATED THAT THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ WAS AN INTERNATIONAL WATERWAY AND THAT NO FEES SHOULD BE CHARGED TO SHIPS. HE SAID: “WHETHER YOU CALL IT A FEE, A TOLL OR A DONATION, IT IS A TOLL IF YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PASS.” HE ALSO QUESTIONED HOW THE FEE MECHANISM WAS IMPLEMENTED: “WHAT IF A SHIP REFUSES TO PAY? IT'S NOT LIKE A ROAD CHARGE. IT'S NOT JUST A TICKET. IF YOU FIRE ON A SHIP AND SINK IT, THE OTHER SHIPS WILL NOT DARE TO CROSS AGAIN. SUCH A MECHANISM WOULD NOT ONLY BE ILL-ADVISED, BUT WOULD NEVER BE FEASIBLE.” PREVIOUSLY, IRAN INDICATED THAT IT WOULD NOT CHARGE A “TRANSIT FEE” FOR THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ, BUT STATED THAT IT MIGHT CHARGE A FEE FOR RELATED SERVICES PROVIDED。

View Details

The British Treasury reported that Ripple was seen as a model for tokenization, promoting buy-back and public debt uplink

On 14 July, a wholesale digital market report supported by the British Treasury listed Ripple as one of the core participants, planning to transfer the buy-back agreement (repo), the British Treasury debt (gilts) and the Fund from the regulatory sandbox to the real market within the next 12 months, with an estimated additional Pound33 billion in output and Pound14 billion in tax revenue per year for the British economy over a decade. The report proposes a hybrid structure for a licensed network of institutions over the public chain, with the example of the BlackRock International Monetary Fund (BUIDL) as an example, while noting that the final settlement risk arising from the reorganization of the public chain remains to be addressed. The report also refers to the Ripple takeover of Hidden Road (renamed Ripple Prime) and the use of the Ripple block chain by Santander UK for cross-border payments, which is believed to be in decline in traditional financial and encryption institutions。

View Details

The Governor of New Hampshire signed the Blackchain Basic Laws, a protected block chain innovation and encryption user

On July 14, New Hampshire Governor Kelly Ayotte signed HB 639 into law last week. The bill, known as The Blockchain Basic Laws, provides protection for the state ' s encrypted monetary innovation and use and allows for the creation of a special block chain dispute file in the High Court. New Hampshire passed the Strategy Bitcoin Reserve Act last year, which allows state finance ministers to invest up to 5 per cent of public funds in Bitcoin, and in precious metals like gold and silver. Last week, the State Administrative Council rejected a proposal that would allow New Hampshire Business Finance to push Bitcoin to support municipal bonds。

View Details

Dragonfly Partner: DeFi's “Hackends of the Sun” did not materialize, and the amount stolen in 2026 was about $1.89 billion a year. Dollar

On 14 July, Dragonfly Partner Haseeb responded to a previous pessimistic view of DeFi security by Manuel Aráoz, co-founder of OpenZeppelin, arguing that DeFi did not appear as the intended “end of the hacker” as the GLM 5.2, Fable and GPT 5.6 models were online and actually used by the attackers. The graph data show that the annualized value of DeFi stolen in 2026 at the current year's rate of data and operations was approximately $1.89 billion, with the cumulative amount stolen during the year being approximately $986 million, below 2025 levels and still within historical boundaries. According to Haseeb, the more profound change at the moment is that the number of hacker attacks has increased, but the scale of single attacks has decreased more rapidly, with more of the attackers targeting small agreements and abandoned projects, while larger agreements have been strengthened with more security, so that overall financial security has not significantly deteriorated。

View Details

Iran claims to have attacked United States forces in Kuwait and fired cruise missiles at United States ships

On 14 July, in a statement issued in the early hours of 14 July local time, the Iranian army stated that, in response to the recent ongoing provocations and acts of aggression by the United States against Iran, it had launched a suicide drone hours earlier to strike at the United States military communications system, fuel storage facilities, the “patriotic” air defence system, control towers and ammunition depots in Kuwait. In addition, as a response to an attack by United States missiles on part of Iran ' s military installations, the Iranian navy launched cruise missiles to strike at United States naval vessels. In its statement, the Iranian army stated that Iran ' s defensive strike against an enemy in breach of its commitments would be adjusted to the extent of the enemy ' s misconduct and would continue to proceed with force. (In Russian)

View Details

Wells Fargo's Mike Mayo: Citi is my favorite big bank

According to Bloomberg, Mike Mayo of Wells Fargo stated that Citi was his favorite large bank. Investors are preparing for the coming important financial week, with five of the six leading United States banks, including Morgan Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Goldman Sachs, expected to publish quarterly performances in a short time. Mayo predicts that overall bank earnings will increase by 15 to 20 per cent over the same period, thanks to strong trade revenues on Wall Street and robust business lending on Main Street。

View Details

United States Government transfers approximately $297 million of seized encrypted currency

The United States Government recently transferred some $297 million of seized encrypted currency through multiple transfers. Of these, 2875 bitcoins (approximately US$ 178 million) were transferred to a new address, 925.5 bitcoins (approximately US$ 57.27 million) were transferred to a new address, 3007 bitcoins (approximately US$ 53.09 million) were deposited in Coinbase Prime and 140.2 bitcococococococose Prime (approximately US$ 8.78 million) were deposited in a cold wallet。

View Details

Trump threatened to hit Iran's underground nuclear facility in Mount Trump

In an interview, Trump stated that the United States would strike at Iran's underground nuclear facility at Mount Sakayama and warned that heavy air strikes would continue against Iran. Trump said, “We will destroy Mount Al-Qaeda and tell the Iranians to be ready.” He stated that the United States had been closely monitoring the facility, “there was currently no activity there. Their nuclear programme is not progressing well. Every time we find anything, we blow it up. We'll probably hit the mountain soon." It is understood that Mount Al-Nattanz, located near Iran's uranium enrichment facility in Natanz, has two deep underground tunnels and is considered to be one of Iran's most robust underground nuclear facilities and may even be able to withstand an attack by the United States of America's most active drilling bomb. Trump also reiterated that the United States will continue to hit Iran hard tonight and tomorrow, saying, “We will hit them hard tonight and they will hit them hard tomorrow, and they have nothing to do with it”。

View Details